From fasouto github
A curated list of awesome data visualizations frameworks, libraries and software. Inspired by awesome-python.
Table of contents
- Awesome dataviz
- C3 - a D3-based reusable chart library.
- Chart.js - Charts with the canvas tag.
- Chartist.js - Responsive charts with great browser compatibility.
- Dimple - An object-oriented API for business analytics.
- Dygraphs - Interactive line charts library that works with huge datasets.
- Echarts - Highly customizable and interactive charts ready for big datasets.
- Epoch - Perfect to create real-time charts.
- Highcharts - A charting library based on SVG and VML rendering. Free (CC BY-NC for non-profit projects.
- MetricsGraphics.js - Optimized for time-series data.
- Morris.js - Pretty time-series line graphs.
- NVD3 - A reusable charting library written in d3.js.
- Peity - Create small inline svg charts.
- Plotly.js - Powerful declarative library with support for 20 chart types.
- TechanJS - Stock and financial charts.
Charting libraries for graphs
- Cola.js - A tool to create diagrams using constraint-based optimization techniques. Works with d3 and svg.js.
- Linkurious - A toolkit to speed up the development of graph visualization and interaction applications. Based on Sigma.js.
- CartoDB - CartoDB is an open source tool that allows for the storage and visualization of geospatial data on the web.
- Cesium - WebGL virtual globe and map engine.
- Leaflet Data Visualization Framework - A framework designed to simplify data visualization and thematic mapping using Leaflet.
- Mapael - jQuery plugin based on the.js to display vector maps.
- Mapsense.js - Combines d3.js with tile maps.
- See Awesome D3.
dc.js is an multi-Dimensional charting built to work natively with crossfilter.
- angular-dc - AngularJS directives for dc.js.
- dc.leaflet.js - dc.js charts using Leaflet maps.
- ember-dc - Ember Component Wrappers for dc.js.
- Chroma.js - A small library for color manipulation.
- Piecon - Pie charts in your favicon.
- Textures.js - A library to create SVG patterns.
- Timeline.js - Create interactive timelines.
- Vega - Vega is a visualization grammar, a declarative format for creating, saving, and sharing interactive visualization designs.
- Vis.js - A dynamic visualization library including timeline, networks and graphs (2D and 3D).
- HelloCharts - Charting library for Android compatible with API 8+.
- MPAndroidChart - A powerful & easy to use chart library.
- Visualization Toolkit (VTK) - open-source library for 3d Graphics, image processing and visualization.
- Charts for Go - Basic charts in Go. Can render to ASCII, SVG and images.
- svgo - Go Language Library for SVG generation.
- JBChartView - Charting library for both line and bar graphs.
- PNChart - A simple and beautiful chart lib used in Piner and CoinsMan.
- ios-charts - iOS port of MPAndroidChart. You can create charts for both platforms with very similar code.
- bokeh - Interactive Web Plotting for Python.
- ggplot - Same API as ggplot2 for R.
- glumpy - OpenGL scientific visualizations library.
- matplotlib - 2D plotting library.
- pygal - A dynamic SVG charting library.
- PyQtGraph - Interactive and realtime 2D/3D/Image plotting and science/engineering widgets.
- seaborn - A library for making attractive and informative statistical graphics.
- toyplot - The kid-sized plotting toolkit for Python with grownup-sized goals.
- Vincent - A Python to Vega translator.
- VisPy - High-performance scientific visualization based on OpenGL.
- mpld3 - D3 Renderings of Matplotlib Graphics
- ggplot2 - A plotting system based on the grammar of graphics.
- lattice - trellis graphics for R
- plotly - Interactive charts (including adding interactivity to ggplot2 output), cartograms and simple network diagrams
- rbokeh - R Interface to Bokeh.
- rgl - 3D Visualization Using OpenGL
- shiny - Framework for creating interactive applications/visualisations
- visNetwork - Interactive network visualisations
- Chartkick - Create charts with one line of Ruby.
Tools that are not tied to a particular platform or language.
- Charted - A charting tool that produces automatic, shareable charts from any data file.
- Gephi - An open-source platform for visualizing and manipulating large graphs
- Lightning - A data-visualization server providing API-based access to reproducible, web-based, interactive visualizations.
- RAW - Create web visualizations from CSV or Excel files.
- Spark - Sparklines for the shell. It have several implementations in different languages.
- Periscope - Create charts directly from SQL queries.
- Design for Information by Isabel Meirelles.
- The Best American Infographics 2014 by Gareth Cook.
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information by Edward Tufte.
- The Wall Street Journal Guide to Information Graphics by Dona M. Wong
- Visualization Analysis and Design by Tamara Munzner.
- Information is Beautiful
- The Data Visualization Catalogue - A collection of data visualization methods, with pros and cons.
- Visual Complexity - A site about the visualization of complex networks.
- Please check for duplicates first.
- Keep descriptions short, simple and unbiased.
- Please make an individual commit for each suggestion
- Add a new category if needed.
Thanks for your suggestions!
To the extent possible under law, Fabio Souto has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.